Thursday, September 27, 2012

Taco Bake

Saw this recipe on a website, and thought it sounded yummy, so I gave it a try.  It was delicious!  Next time, I may try cooking the beef with taco sauce though, I think it needs a bit more moisture.

Yields: 4 servings

Ingredients:
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 1/2 cups Bisquick
1/2 cup cold water
2 cups shredded cheese (I used Galaxy Veggie Cheese)

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 450F.  Spray a baking pan (I used a 9x9 pan).


2. Brown beef with taco seasoning. (I also threw in 1 clove of fresh, crushed garlic!)



3. Stir Bisquick and water together until dough forms.




4. Spread in pan.



5. Spread beef mixture over dough.

6. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until edges become brown.

7. Immediately sprinkle with cheese. Let stand 1-2 minutes to let cheese melt.

{PS: I used Veggie Cheese, which doesn't really melt. I even tried sticking it in the warm oven for a few minutes, but nothing really happened. I didn't want to dry out the bake, so next time I may put my cheese on for the last 5 minutes or so of baking.  I used regular cheese on my fiance's pieces, and it melted beautifully!}


8. Serve with chopped tomatoes, sour cream, or whatever you'd like!


No comments:

Post a Comment