Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pancake Bites (lactose free)

I came across this recipe when a friend pinned it on Pinterest.  I viewed it, and thought it mostly sounded delicious, and super easy to make.  Some of the ingredients she used, I didn't have, and weren't lactose intolerant friendly.  So, I decided to try it out, but changing some things out to make them my own.  Definitely a great idea!



Yields: 12 Pancake Bites

Ingredients:
1 ½ cups Pancake Mix (Bisquick)
1 cup Lactaid Milk (or your milk of choice)
1 cup Maple Syrup*
Toppings (blueberries, cooked sausage, cooked bacon, apples, chocolate chips etc!)

*View ingredients before purchasing, it's best to stick to pure maple syrup.  Some commercial brands make it with butter, which of course some of us can't handle.

Directions:

Preheat over to 350° F.  Spray a nonstick 12 cup muffin pan with nonstick spray.

Mix Pancake Mix, milk and syrup together until thoroughly combined.

Pour batter into greased muffin pan, fill cups 3/4 way up.

Top with your chosen toppings.  I used frozen blueberries, and I chopped and cooked up some turkey bacon.  Be careful not to put in too many frozen berries, it can make the muffin a bit soggy.

Bake for 12-15 minutes.

Serve with warm syrup.  Delicious!



2 comments:

  1. Mallory, Thank you for posting this. I need to make breakfast food for the Middle school teachers, I think this will be a hit! I will let you know how it goes over. I will be making these for home as well. This is something that can be make ahead of time and frozen. "For those not moving so well days".
    Thanks again.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! These were super easy to make, and super yummy. I forgot to add, that you can definitely make them ahead and freeze them! They kept okay for a couple of days too. Definitely let me know how they work out, or if you try different toppings! :)

      Delete