Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Lactose Free/Vegan Chocolate Pudding

I LOVE chocolate pudding, so I figured it was about time to make some from scratch for myself.
This recipe is versatile, because it can just be lactose-free, vegan or regular pudding!  Just switch out the milk to your desired preference   Easy, peasy!
Now, I'm not 100% certain this is Vegan, since I know some sugars aren't.  You can substitute the correct sugar and it will definitely be Vegan.




Yield: 1 serving

Ingredients:
2 ounces of baking chocolate
1 cup chocolate milk (I used Silk, soy chocolate milk)
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla.

Directions:
1. Melt chocolate in a small saucepan.

2. In a separate pan, mix cornstarch and sugar together.  Add a small amount of the milk to the mixture, and stir until cornstarch dissolves.  Add the rest of the milk.

3. Cook the cornstarch mixture over medium heat until warm.

4.  Stir in the melted chocolate, until mix is thick.

5. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring regularly.

6. Blend in vanilla, and pour into serving dish.

7. Cool completely in fridge.  About 2 hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment