Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Delicious Chocolatey Brownies!

I originally saw this recipe on the Barefoot Contessa, but I was missing some ingredients, and I needed to make it lactose-free, so I made some adjustments, and made it my own.  It was a brownie pie by Ina, so if you're interested, feel free to look up her recipe!

Ingredients:
6 tablespoons butter or buttery spread (I used Earth Balance Vegan butter)
3 cups chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life dairy, nut & soy free chips)
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon instant coffee (I didn't have any, so I used fresh brewed coffee)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Chocolate frosting

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.


2. Using a double boiler, or bowl over a pan, melt the butter over low heat. Add 2 cups of the chocolate chips and stir until smooth. Take pan off water, and set aside to cool.


3. In your stand mixer, add the eggs, sugar, coffee and cinnamon.  Using the paddle, set on a low mix (I used setting 2) and beat for 3 minutes.



4. In a separate bowl, while the mixer is going, measure and pour the flour, baking powder, salt and 1 cup of chocolate chips.  Toss together with your hands.  This step helps prevent the chips from sinking.  If you don't have enough chips, or don't like them in your brownies, just omit them.

5.  Once the wet ingredients are all mixed, add the cooled chocolate to the mixer, while the mixer is still going.  When it's blended, add the flour mixer until just blended.


6.  Pour batter into either a buttered brownie pan or a buttered pie dish.

7. Bake 30-40 minutes.

8. Let brownies cool completely, then frost with some chocolate frosting for some extra chocolatey flavor.

9. Enjoy the chocolate goodness!!


No comments:

Post a Comment