Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Dark Chocolate Fudge Mocha Cupcakes (Lactose Free!!)

Okay, these cupcakes are NOT made from scratch, they are in fact box mix cupcakes.  However, I wanted the share the combination of the cake and frosting, which is my favorite, and show you some tricks to get the perfect cupcake.



You'll need:

Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes (Yes, they're milk free! They're made with Soy!)



Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Frosting, and the Mocha flavor packet.


Ingredients needed for box cupcakes:
3 eggs
1 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil

Make cupcakes as directed on box, however here's a few tips to help make those cupcakes moist, and light and fluffy.

The directions say to blend ingredients for 30 seconds.  I use my KitchenAid Mixer, using the paddle selection, with the setting set to the #2 to blend, and I set my timer for 30 seconds.


Then switch to your beater and beat your mix for 2 minutes (set your timer!)  Voila, your mix will be perfect.



Now, how to get the perfect size cupcakes?  Ones that aren't overflowing, or too little.  If you're using a standard cupcake pan (1/2 cup wells),  use a 1/4 cup measuring cup and measure your batter!  Smooth it evenly with a spatula, this helps for even cupcakes.



I use a Pampered Chef non-stick standard pan, so I bake my cupcakes at 325 degrees for 19 minutes, and they come out perfect.  See?


Don't these look soooo delicious?!?! :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment