Saturday, April 28, 2012

Chicken Salad Sandwich

I can't take credit for this recipe, I found it on Martha Stewart's website.  I only made maybe one or two minor adjustments.  The poached chicken is mine though, so I'll take credit for that! Oh yes, and this is lactose free!!

Ingredients for Salad:
1 cup diced chicken (see below for instructions) 
1 heaping tablespoon minced onion
1 heaping tablespoon minced celery
2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
2 teaspoons mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Coarse salt and ground pepper, to taste


Directions for Chicken:
There are not any ingredients listed because it's up to you how much flavor you'd like, play around with different herbs and spices.  I didn't measure anything, just went with it. Poaching a chicken, rather than boiling, makes for a more moist chicken!

1.    Fill a pot with water and/or chicken broth, (I used just water, but I bet chicken broth is tastier!) slices of onion, chopped fresh garlic, lemon slice, salt & pepper. Bring to a simmer, and simmer for 10-15 minutes to infuse flavor.

2.   Bring to a boil, then immediately add chicken and cover with a tight lid.  Take pot off stove and let sit for 10-12 minutes.  If not done, repeat.  Then, drain, cool and chop chicken.

Directions for Salad:
1.    Place all ingredients in bowl and mix well to bl;end.
2.   Serve on bread or roll for sandwich, or on greens for salad.
-- I used an italian bulike roll, since it was a lactose-free bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment