Thursday, May 3, 2012

Vegan Brownies

This recipe isn't mine, I found it online.  These brownies came out pretty good taste wise! Texture wise, after 30 minutes they were still a bit gooey and when cutting into them, they fall apart easily.  I love fudgy brownies, so I didn't mind, but for those who don't, definitely cook them longer.  Since I'm only lactose-intolerant, and not vegan, I may add an egg and adjust the other ingredients to see if I can get them more to my liking, texture wise.  If you know of any good adjustments, please feel free to comment below. 


Ingredients
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup water
1 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract




Directions:

1.    Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F  

2.   In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Pour in water, vegetable oil and vanilla; mix until well blended. Spread evenly in a 9x13 inch baking pan.

3.   Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top is no longer shiny. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment